The Bloggerhood of the Traveling Not So Fat Pants blog had 50 of you lovelies following it when I looked today. I also got some emails from you guys that the comment section was hard to find, so I went to change the layout. When I did that, for some reason the entire blog was deleted. ARGH! SO, I had to completely delete the blog and start over. Now, the good thing is that I was only one post in. The crappy thing is that all of you who followed the blog... well, you've been deleted as followers.
So, please, please... go visit the blog and re-follow it. Thank you guys!
Oh! And while you're at it, follow my photography blog too. ;)
And RIGHT NOW there is a drawing for the first person to get a pair of size 16, amazing jeans. Spread the word! There are only 3 days to enter for these jeans!
I had a few things I wanted to blog about today:
My lovely LiLu from Live It Love It tagged me in this Meme, so obviously I have to do it.
Four people I hope are eaten by a rabid pack of Velociraptors – a type of dinosaur that should not to be confused with chiropractors unless they also happen to have cannibalistic tendencies:
- George W. Bush. No offense to any of you who like him.
- Those of you who use a public restroom and for some reason are unable to keep your human waste products in the toilet bowl, and flush it. Seriously. When I really have to pee during a really good movie, the last thing I need is to play musical stalls to find the only one without a toilet seat sprinkled with your nastiness. (This does not apply to old people who can't control their bowels and maybe don't know better.)
- People who drive slow in the fast lane. Though you might not have to be eaten by Velociraptors... maybe just hit really hard and fast by a semi while you're trudging along at 30mph. You drive me nuts.
- Parents who let their kids do whatever the hell they want, and when their kids are going insane, running around and screaming, give them candy. REALLY? Candy will NOT make your kids any less of a pain in the ass, so stop it.
Four drinks I love:
- Diet Coke
- Diet Coke
- Diet Coke
- Diet Coke
Four favourite quotes:
- “Obsessed is just a word the lazy used to describe the dedicated" ~No clue who said this, but it's awesome.
- “The bottom line? The bottom line is, you gonna die, man. Ugly." ~Muerte, Undercover Blues
- “It smells like toast in here!" ~Me
- “Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." ~Jim, The Office. (This one makes me laugh so hard every time I hear it or say it. It's the best mood lifter ever.
Five things to do before I die:
- Meet and sleep with John Mayer.
- Get a spot on Good Morning America or something. For something. I just wanna be semi famous for something at some point.
- Photograph a crapload of famous people.
- Figure out a way to get my cat to stop pissing on the bed. *After a few comments from a few of you, I need to clarify this is NOT an infection, he's been to the vet and he's currently on some mood meds as it's been determined that this is behavioral. We've tried virtually all other types of cures for this issue (spotless litter boxes, multiple litter boxes, plastic lining, baking soda, paper shreds, all kinds of crap.)
- Travel abroad for a solid six months, just because I can.
Okay! So... I'm supposed to tag five people for this, but I suck at that, so I'm not gonna tag. If you wanna do it, rock it out! :)
So I wanted to tell you guys about this blog I found through Lilu... it's called Just a Titch. this entry she was talking about the Post Office and how she doesn't get it. (First of all, you need to read her entry, if only for the amazing video she posted at the end. It's worth watching, in fact, is guaranteed to be the highlight of your entire day.)
I needed to share with you guys that I am totally on the opposite side of the Post Office situation from her. I love the Post Office. What I don't get is all the people who act half retarded when the go to the Post Office. (No offense to you, Titch.)
I'm gonna tell you that I have a huge crush on my Post Office guy. He looks a little bit like John Cusack, which immediately predisposes me to thinking he's charming. I don't know his name yet, all I know is that when he helps me and I get my receipt it says "Clerk: 16" So, I'm calling him John Cusack until I figure his name out. Every time I went into the Post Office, I noticed him and how TOTALLY pissed off he looked all the time. He looked annoyed and irritated and like he had a barage of aggravated thoughts going through his mind all the time. And it wasn't like, POSTAL postal. I didn't think this guy had a gun in his jacket... I just know he was supremely annoyed. This, I can totally relate to. I used to work in Customer Service, and I felt the same way all the time.
One day I was in line and he was working. I took the little blue number and did the line assessment. You know, that moment when you look at all the people ahead of you and then you look at the different clerks available and who they're helping. Then you do a little math crunch of how many people + people at the windows x how many packages and what kind of shit they're mailing out / how inept they seem to be (+ how many questions they are asking and how fast or slow they speak). Then you take the total sum and divide it by the number of windows available and you narrow down your odds of getting to the clerk you want to deal with. (You know, the cute one or at least the one who is halfway nice to you or doesn't have breath that smells like the undead.)
So, I basically figured out that my odds of getting to his window were pretty decent, and I ended up there. (SCORE!) When I got to his window I looked behind me and saw there were a CRAPLOAD of people who came in and I said, "Wow, looks like I got here just in time, huh?"
This is where the magic began, people.
John Cusack: No kidding, these people are frickin' ridiculous.
John Cusack: Yeah, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. We actually have "regulars" here. People who are here every damn day. (He pointed to a guy at the self help kiosk,) That guy is here every day. And it's not like he comes in, mails some shit and then leaves. He just hangs out in here for like, an hour, every single day.
Me: Why would people come to the Post Office every day?
John Cusack: Because they're freaks. There are people who come in every day to buy two stamps with a handful of change. They are all here every damn day, and then they have the nerve to bitch about how long they have to wait in line. I get here at 8am, and they're clawing and drooling at the door, yanking and pulling on it like a bunch of zombies. What do they do on Sundays when we're closed?
Me: They probably wander around all disoriented in the lobby and cry.
John Cusack: Yeah! Exactly. I just don't understand. Why do you need to come mail one letter a day? Just save all your shit for the end of the week like a normal person. Don't you have jobs? Get a life, freaks!
And because this all happened a few months ago, I probably can't even convey the pure awesomeness that this conversation was, but I was laughing so hard, and ... yeah. Just had to share it all with you people. I'm sure you can relate if you've ever worked ... anywhere dealing with the public. People waiting at the door the second you get to work, the morons coming in asking stupid ass questions, doing stupid things and pissing you off in general... seriously. You all know what it's about.
Gah, I'm so glad I don't work in customer service anymore.