I first want to thank y'all for your comments regarding the 30-day shred! I'm going to get started on it Friday. :) Also, several of you darlings asked what it is and how you can get the deets. I'm happy to share the information.
Jillian Michaels, of The Biggest Loser, is a crazy awesome personal trainer, body burning, muscle ripping, fat melting genius. Well, that's my opinion, at least. She put out a video called the 30-Day Shred. She says you can lose up to 30 pounds doing the video in one month. So. I got it, and haven't actually DONE it. Like, done it 30 days running. And I'd like to.
Don't be scurred. There are 3 different levels, so if you're not a fitness buff (as I am totally not either) you can still do the vid and then increase your level as you get stronger!
I got mine at Amazon.com, and you'll probably find a good deal there or on eBay. YAY!
Well, my first piece of advice to you guys should have been... DON'T go shopping the day before Thanksgiving, because it's a mad-house. But, I made that mistake today and it's too late anyway.
BUT. What I can do, since some of you have asked, is give you guys some tips on how to avoid overdoing it at Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow!
1. Remember that it's a Holiday, and it's OKAY to have a little bit of a treat. In fact, MizFit says it's okay to go for it and enjoy yourself, so if you don't feel like stressing out, skip the next 7 things I'm going to say and visit her blog for some other good tips for Turkey Day! (Everyone should do that anyway.)
2. Remember that a little bit of a treat is something like one piece of pie. Not the WHOLE pie. Pumpkin is the healthiest option, as opposed to apple, cherry or mincemeat. :)
3. Keep in mind the plate trick: Fill half your plate with salad, 1/4 with meat, 1/4 with starch. For me I do stuffing because it's my favorite. If you want a taste of everything, do tiny portions of each (stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes) but don't go past that 1/4 of your plate.
4. White meat is leaner than dark meat, and don't eat the skin! :)
5. Don't forget to drink lots of water.
6. Pass on the Eggnog. Just one 8 ounce serving of regular Eggnog has around 343 calories! If you can't say no, drink a lite Eggnog, and only fill up the glass half-way. Then fill the remaining half of the glass with skim milk. You'll get the taste of the egg nog and you won't overdo the liquid calories.
7. Eat a little bit before you go to dinner so you won't be tempted to overdo it.
8. When you're doing the horderves ahead of time, stick to raw veggies, take it easy on the dip and go for lean meats like turkey.
Don't forget about your pets. Give them a special treat or a funny hat or something.
Smoke a pipe or drink some coffee! Okay, that's not exactly healthy, but I can't say not to do it if you wanna do it.
Drink in moderation. Your family is watching, people.
And above all,remember to have fun, and that it's okay to be cheesy! It's the holidays! Hug people. Tell your family and friends you love them. Wear a terrible sweater if you want to. Play with the kids. Shave off your beard to only show a really awful mustache. Okay, well don't do that one, but ...Live it up!!!
i think that you needed to have been drinking more in these photos!
keep it real and Jilian Michaels is a workout nazi..i wish i had the balls to do it!!
OMG, love! the first photo. Your poor cats are saying WTF? but as their owners you can dress them up however you want. :-)
These pics are hilarious. Also: your tongue ring is super hot. Just sayin'.
---Amy -- Just A Titch
those pictures are priceless :) way to rock the cheeziest sweaters out there!
and thanks for the 30 day shred advice! i've been catching up on all the seasons of the Biggest Loser and I am totally inspired!
Oh my goodness!!! I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard at the pictures....I love this post more than any other post on any blog...period! Well...except for the one about pudding. You are my fave! =) And you're too damn cute!
Great post, I loved the pictures. Your cats look unhappy XD Here it's already Thursday night but no Thanksgiving dinner will happen tonight. They don't celebrate in Japan ;)
Tongue ring = hot. Sweaters = hilarious. Jenn = crazywonderful. HEART you. Happy Turkey Day.
(I can't put whole sentences together anymore)
You guys are hilarious! My 2 year old looked at your pics, looked at me and walked away, freaked out. Ha ha. Getting my 30 day shred DVD soon so I'll be just behind you. Let's kick it!
This may sound like a dumb question, but can you buy the 30 Day Shred in regular stores like Target or Walmart, or only online? I'm going to the States (from Russia!) in a few weeks and want to pick it up...there's no 30 Day Shred available here.
Mahaha love this post. You guys are so cute! In the cats picture, the cats like, match the owners it's amazing :) And you have a tongue piercing like me :)
Happy thanksgiving from Scotland!
This made me smile, and thats tough for me to do today - so thank you :)
Your pictures are to die for! You are just so pretty! Sounds like it will be a wonderful Thanksgiving for you! Thanks for all the tips. (Unfortunately, hubby started buying eggnog the second it came out this year! I've been drinking little sips - but I know it adds up.)
Its offical. You are my total girl crush. You are funny & hot! :)
But really, your post totally cracked me up. Enjoy the holiday today!
Love the photos!!! :)
ARGH...I just finished my Day 12 of the 30 Day Shred. It has been horrible and wonderful all at the same time. My sister across the country is doing it, too, and my husband just started today!
P.S. The video is $10 at Target.
Post a Comment