Well, since I started using my Bodybugg on a Monday, that's when my weigh in is now. That's pretty good, too - I feel like Mondays are good weigh in days.
SO, here we go.
So, apparently for the first week - this Bodybugg thing has put me on the right track. Pretty sweet, too because I had a sandwich with actual bread on it at the wedding. I ate a Lean Cuisine mini pizza with spinach and mushroom. I had a Pho the size of a car tire. If it can truly go this way -1.5~ pounds for the next however long it takes, that'd be pretty damn sweet.
Here's the update on my progress and my goal:
Now, for a little Bodybugg review based on my first week of use.
1. It really helps show how many calories I'm actually burning. Amazing and helpful.
2. It acts as a pedometer, which is sweet. Brings to light how much I need to walk.
3. The food logging program is pretty good - it's similar to a Livestrong or Sparkpeople database, so I rarely have to enter custom foods. If I need to, it's easy. It also remembers things I usually eat for various meals, so since I'm a creature of habit, it's easier every day.
1. The Bodybugg website is a pain in the ass. It isn't compatible with Google Chrome, and you can only use it with Internet Explorer or Firefox. This means it takes me 10293809284012 years to track stuff.
2. The website likes to time you out. Like, super quickly. So I'm signing back in three or four times over the course of tracking my food for a day. It takes a long time with that + the website only working with a slower browser.
3. The Bodybugg resets every day at midnight. So, for those of us up late like I am, through 1:30-3:30 am, or something like that... any of the calories I burn, or food I consume go on to the next day's count. Now, it all evens out in the long run because it happens every single day. However, it's really annoying.
Ultimately it's a phenomenal piece of equipment, but I still think they're kind of stuck behind the times in terms of where they should really be. I am super happy I have it, and the cons aren't reasons to NOT buy it. But, I do think they're things that can be easily fixed by the Bodybugg people.
Also right now, I would list as a "Con," when I go to download the app for it on the iPhone, it tells me I need iPhone 4 technology. So, what the EFF? The website says it's compatible with all the iPhones, but I can't download the app.
There's information on synching it with your smartphone on the website, so I'm going to try that this week. I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes. :)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Great job!
I had no problems downloading the Bodybugg app to my iTouch. While the iTouch doesn't allow me to view the number of calories I have burned throughout the day, I can input my meals which makes it easier (aka I don't have to sign onto the BB website a couple of times a day).
I've had a Bodybugg for quite a while and believe me when I say that the website is WAY better than it used to be. But I agree with you that they've got A LOT of work to do.
Another CON for your list in case one of your readers is considering a purchase of the new BodybuggSP is the app. I got the new bbSP in order to use it with my Droid and the phone app is even worse than their website. Some users try for days just to get the device to pair and connect. I've had to uninstall/reinstall at least once a week since I got it.
Also - I wanted to let you know that according to my own testing and other people online, the Bodybugg is not great at step-counting. (Which makes no sense when you consider what a high-tech wonder it is.) So, if step count is an important part of your process, you might want to continue to wear your usual counter for a while. When compared with a decent pedometer/watch gizmo, my bb failed to track 10-20% of my step total.
Having said all of that, I still love the bodybugg. The *knowing* what I'm burning is worth it all.
Me=Super jealous. I want a body bugg so bad!!!!!! And ps, you are no longer an ex hot girl. I am checking out that after pic, and you are definately hot lady status.
awesome job!! I'm very jealous, I want a bodybugg!!!
I would have to agree with Dani. I have no clue what you are talking about with the "ex hot girl" thing. You look gorgeous! ;)
I've had my Bugg for about a month, and I love it so far! You're spot on about the website, though - it's just not intuitive.
I had a problem initially getting it to sync to my Droid phone, but I called Bodybugg customer service and they fixed me right up. :)
Well done on your loss, I hope it continues for you.
Just wanted to say I have mentioned you in my recent post on my blog as I was talking about the UK version of Bodybugg which is called the Ki Fit (exactly the same product), hope you don't mind.
Just ordered mine and cannot wait for it to come. Thanks for the posts about it and helping me decided to go for it.
Whoo well done o the loss! I'm really intrigued about the body bug keep, so I'm really interested in these updates!
Post a Comment