Wow, it's been 10 days since I've updated y'all. A very busy, freakishly busy 10 days. So, I'll apologize. :)
Quick update here:
1. I'm in Denver right now, and will be for a week.
2. Yesterday was my 28th birthday, and I spent it well. Dan and I went with my brother to the Mile High Music Festival to see two of my all time favorite bands play: Punch Brothers, and Dave Matthews Band.
Dan and I: (I'm wearing my $65 Dave Matthews Hoodie, damn-it! I was freezing and it was the only option. Oh well, happy birthday, me.) :/
My brother and I!
3. As a side-note, Chris Thile totally knows who I am and I feel uber special. We were waiting in the line to see them (you know, where everyone brings their CD's and things for the band to sign,) - and the guys were all lined up sitting in chairs behind a table. When I got up to the table, Chris saw me, stood up and gave me a hug, saying "It's good to see you again!" I'm pretty sure all the other people who he did NOT stand up to hug... were jealous. Yeah, be jealous! :) -- I didn't nearly feel like I'd pass out this time around, but I also didn't get a picture with him again.
4. I stuck to the plan pretty well yesterday - though I did have chicken fingers at the festival, I didn't eat the fries. I came back to my Brother's house and his friend had low carb brownies. I ate one of those with some almond milk, and decided that'd be my "sweet treat" for my birthday instead of eating cake later and regretting it with the fire of a thousand suns.
5. I have no idea what I weigh at the moment - I'll have updates on that when I get to my parent's house. (My brother doesn't own a scale, I don't think. Silly boys.)
6. Overall, my feeling of the day yesterday is this, the way the sky was last night before sunset:
Yeah! Happy Birthday (again!) ;)
#1 Hair looks AWESOME!
#2 Chris Thile stalker (obviously since he knows you and could probably pick you out from a line-up if something ever happened.)
#3 SO proud of you on the low carb brownie choice vs. cake. I know we talked about it and I think you made the right choice.
#4 Cute sweater BUT freezing? It's feels like the "fire of one thousand suns" here.
I miss you. . .
have fun and (maybe) buy your cute little bro a scale.
happy birthday! i love your adorable haircut and that hair color!
I love Colorado and the chill in the air. After living in hell (Phoenix) for so many years, what a breath of fresh air. Glad you had fun!
Happy Belated Birthday! You look adorable. I don't think you're allowed to worry about your weight on your birthday. Enjoy!
Happy birthday! You look incredible, and incredibly happy. :)
Happy Birthday!!!! And I agree, birthday calories don't count but happy that you stuck to your guns.
Happy belated! DMB is my fave. Hope you had an awesome time. You look great!
Guys always fool us. Girls must read these tips.
Happy Birthday to you,
You look like a size 2,
I know you stalk Chris Thile
And I think he stalks you too....
happy bday girlie!!!! I am super jealous that you saw DMB...they are sinful in concert. Also. You and Dan are the cutest couple...love the post and glad to hear you are keeping well.
I've been lurking around here for awhile, soaking up the loveliness, and reading all of your back posts because you are a very inspiring chick. Thanks for being willing to share your weight loss journey with the rest of us. It's truly appreciated. :-)
I am mucho envious at you seeing Dave Matthews - we should have planned our holiday better so we could have seen him in Denver!
Any top tips/must do's while we're there?
Hey, happy birthday, beautiful. Hope you had fun gettin your Rocky Mountain high on!
Hi, hope it's OK to contact you here. We would love to include
your blog on our giveaway search engine: Giveaway Scout
(http://www.giveawayscout.com). Have a look and if interested,
use our online form to add your blog
(http://www.giveawayscout.com/addblog/ ). thanks, Josh
I love your hair!! Happy Birthday (late)!!
Isn't it awesome when famous people remember you? It's my favorite thing. :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I came by to tell you that I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. If you're interested in claiming the honor/silly fun, please head over to my blog for the details! Thanks for the great site! :)
Belated, but well wishes sent your way regardless. Reading your blog and learning about your life makes me feel like I've not done anything with my own. You're an amazing woman to have accomplished so much. Wanna send some of that good mojo my way? I could use it!
This is my first time visiting your blog and I love it! Congrats on your progress ... you should be so proud!
Your starting stats were very similar to mine. Odd how you can lose very little scale weight yet drop 2 dress sizes? (I did). it's a little frustrating but I don't get too hung up on it ... feeling too good. Checked out some of your old posts too. Great site ... keep up the awesome work!
Post a Comment