I've joined the forces of all the lovely folks who have chosen Wednesday as their weigh in days (Like this sexy mama, and this sexy mama too.) It's a brilliant thought, and I'm game. I'm so obsessed with losing fifteen pounds by August 15th, I'm doing weekly accountability until then. A friend of mine is trying to lose about 10 pounds, and we're doing it together. :)
2.6 lb weight loss for the week! Also I've lost 3.5 inches overall.
So. You can see I'm keeping track of my measurements as well, just so I don't get TOO bogged down with that pesky weight number thing. (Who am I kidding? I'm obsessed with that number, dammit.) At this point, things are looking pretty decent. I've FINALLY broken through that damned 170 barrier, and I'm very happy about that.
Food has been a solid low carb eating plan, but I'm STILL eating too much cheese. Here's an idea of my typical day:
Coffee or diet soda
1 or 2 hardboiled eggs OR
2-3 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, spinach and swiss cheese
Lunch and Dinner meal options:
1. Lean turkey lunch meat (or) grilled chicken breast wrapped in lettuce leaves with a bit of mayo and a slice of cheee
2. Can of tuna with mayo and a load of chopped veggies (red bell pepper, cucumber, celery), 1/2 avocado
3. Huge salad with baby greens (or) baby spinach with tons of chopped veggies, 1/2 avocado, and chopped grilled chicken (or) lean turkey lunch meat, tossed in ranch (or) light vinaigrette dressing.
4. One or two grilled bratwurst (no bun) with mustard.
Other Dinner meal options:
1. Grilled kebabs with lean steak or chicken and veggies (mushrooms, bell pepper, onion)
2. Spaghetti squash with butter and parmesan cheese or low sodium crushed tomatoes
3. One or two grilled hamburger patties (no bun) with cheddar cheese, smeared with avocado and a bit of mustard and mayo, on top of lettuce leaves.
1. NO SUGAR! This includes all desserts, sweets, candy, non-diet soda, juices and fruit.
2. NO BREAD! This includes anything in the bread-like category, such as chips, crackers, tortillas, buns, rolls, bread sticks, croutons, etc.
3. NO STARCHES! This includes anything like pasta, dumplings, rice or potatoes, and also includes cereal, oatmeal, beans, quinoa, etc.
4. Other notes: I currently don't eat any nuts or seeds. Later in the low-carb plan, that would be okay (as would certain fruits) but I am keeping my carb count below 20 grams per day.) Also, NO dairy other than 0 carb cheeses, heavy cream or a little bit of sour cream. That means no milk, no cottage cheese, no yogurt. In addition, I don't eat tomatoes or carrots because of their high sugar content. And remember, NO fruit or fruit juice!
1. Diet soda - I drink it in excess, but it keeps me happy. No carbs, no sugar, good to go.
2. Starbucks coffee - Iced or hot with splenda and half-and-half. Delicious, and a natural appetite suppressant. Plus it gets "things" moving in the "tummy" poo-area.
3. Sugar Free Jello - Great sweet, 15 calories per serving, no carbs! Just awesome.
Hopefully that gives you all a good idea of what my plan looks like! It sounds pretty solid, but sometimes I'll skip breakfast or lunch and end up eating four or five slices of (0 carb) cheese. The trouble is, I KNOW that one (1) tiny little slice might have "0" carbs, but if I'm eating a few slices, the carb count IS there. Not to mention the sodium. One other thing is I'm always trying to eat 1/2 an avocado a day. I swear it's a miracle food, and it's not only delicious but it's SO good for you! Also, my new favorite "snack" food is raw mushrooms. I heard that Katy Perry does this, and I thought "Hey! I like mushrooms!" They sort of snap in your mouth, they're chewy and dense, and they fill you up. If you like mushrooms, give it a shot. I've gone through two packs of mushrooms in three days. :)
Also, don't forget that there is a new giveaway on the Bloggerhood of the Pants for not one, but TWO pairs of size 24 pants. Go check it out and enter!
Coming very soon... another giveaway from (yours truly) -- I found a pair of size 18 and 16 jeans in my closet, so I'm going to be doing photos and auctioning those off as well in a few days. Everyone's gettin' some new pants!
ALSO... Dan and I are going to be attacking the paint epoxy of my studio floors, which I've been putting off FOREVER, and I should be able to get things into some semblance of order in my studio starting next week. Official opening day: August 1st! :)